Is it a recommendation or an order for students to go home?
It is a recommendation for the students to go home. In light of school closures and the increasing difficulty with air travel, ISE is recommending students to return home to avoid any future difficulties.
What if a student wants to stay?
While we strongly encourage all students to return home immediately, we will allow a student to complete their program if the host family, student, and natural parents are all in agreement about the decision to stay or if travel is not possible.
Are student visas being terminated?
No. We are unsure what the future holds, but at this time Visas are not being terminated so there may be a possibility of return.
What happens if a student chooses to leave?
Flights will be arranged by the student’s international partner and natural family the same way they would for a standard program departure.
What should we tell students about convalidation?
We are working with schools and international agents on an individual case by case basis in an effort to give students the ability to transfer their school credits.
What can we do to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness. The CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) recommends the following preventative actions to help prevent the spread of this type of disease:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.