- Obey the disciplinary rules of the Host Family and school. Be sure to keep communication open
- Drinking of alcoholic beverages or using illegal drugs is strictly prohibited.
- Driving of automobiles (except in the case of Drivers Education) or other motorized vehicles is prohibited. Contact your ISE Area Representative or the NY office for clarification.
- Students are expected to have a minimum of $300 personal spending money per month for the duration of the program.
- Travel (including return to the student’s home country) is prohibited during the program. Student’s may only travel with their Host Family, school, church, your ISE Area Representative, or approved ISE Trips. PRE-APPROVAL FROM THE NEW YORK OFFICE IS MANDATORY. All Area Representatives must work through his/her regional supervisor to obtain proper authorization.
- Visits from the natural family are strongly discouraged and must have prior approval from the ISE New York Office.
- Students must return home within 5 days of the completion of school.
- Students must maintain a “C” average in his/her classes.
- The student is not allowed to make “life changing” while on the ISE program. This would include but not be limited to: marriage, pregnancy, body piercing, tattoos, etc.
- Students are required to participate in 5 hours of community service during their program.
Rules and Policies
While in the United States, the student is required to obey all government laws regarding immigration status. The student is also required to obey all state and local laws, host family rules, school rules, and rules set by ISE. Below are some of the ISE program rules as presented in the student application and in the student handbook. You will find the entire list in the student application.